Together we are making a difference
With hundreds of customers serving thousands of our drinks each day, we’re excited about the impact we can have on sustainability.
Helping people facing homelessness
25p from every pack of our new blend Fuel Their Day goes to Only A Pavement Away, and we’ll match your donation making it 50p per pack!
Stay energy efficient
We’ll set your machine’s operating modes to suit your needs and help keep it in peak working condition.
Cut down on plastic bottle use
Our water solutions let your team and guests enjoy great tasting water with a clean conscience.
Investing back into coffee roasting communities
We’ve been supporting producer groups and paying well above the Fairtrade base price since Day One.
We use the most energy efficient coffee roasting technology in the UK
Our roastery also employs catalytic converters to manage carbon emissions.
We support two carbon-offsetting programmes that operate where some of our coffee is grown.
Rainforest Conservation in Colombia
Working with 2,000 people across 33 communities, the Chocó-Darián Rainforest Conservation project reduces community dependence on unsustainable timber extraction and agricultural practices such as cattle ranching.
Water Filtration and Cooking Stoves in Guatemala
This project distributes water filters and stoves that give access to clean water and improve cooking conditions by increasing fuel efficiency and reducing harmful indoor air pollution.
Working with bio-bean we offer a grouts collection service that sees the grouts turned into a multitude of sustainable products including energy-savvy briquettes.
Our online shop is stocked with compostable, biodegradable and disposable options.
All Roast & Ground branded boxes are 70% recycled cardboard and are fully recyclable.
Electricity at our HQ is 100% renewable and we use thermostatic, timed heating controls.
In the community
We’re supporting Only A Pavement Away, who help people facing homelessness find employment in the hospitality trade.
You can lend a hand, too, by enjoying our brand new coffee Fuel Their Day. With every pack sold, our customers donate 25p to the charity, and we at Roast & Ground will then match the donations, so that’s 50p per pack to Only A Pavement Away.
Our 10-point CSR checklist
The many ways we’re committed to acting responsibly, both environmentally and socially.
- Carbon offsetting: we offset our carbon emissions by supporting carbon neutral programmes in Colombia and Guatemala.
- Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance products: we use these certified products to help support farming communities abroad and ensure sustainability.
- Regular coffee grouts collections: we work with bio-bean to recycle waste coffee grouts into advanced biofuels.
- Compostable cups and biodegradable disposables: we offer cups and other disposables that promote sustainability.
- Recycled boxes: all Roast & Ground branded boxes are made from 70% recycled cardboard and are fully recyclable.
- Energy efficiency: machines are set utilizing a sleep mode to suit your needs and we recommend 13 amp coffee machines wherever possible.
- Local sourcing: most of our consumables are bought in the UK to minimise our carbon footprint.
- Green office: we recycle paper, reuse packaging, minimise electricity use, utilise thermostatic and timed heating controls and more.
- Company values: we are committed to operating with Integrity, Empathy, Excellence, and Expertise.
- Local community initiatives: we support Only A Pavement Away as our company charity, as well as making other donations frequently.